[Mima's Castle ~ Castle Reincarnation] [Mima's Castle ~ Castle Reincarnation]

I just pulled this up in another tab without looking, and I can honestly say I was *not* expecting Castlevania in there with Reincarnation... but holy crap, does it ever work well! 5 stars! Of course, I may be a *little* biased, since Mima is my favorite 2hu.

MeisterMach5 responds:

I really want this idea to be further expanded on by artists much more talented than I, as I'm sure they'll be able to do something INSANE with the groundwork. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully Mima gets a chance to shine in canon Touhou games once more, but at least there are always fan games and projects to keep an eye out for.

Nuclear Fusion Nuclear Fusion

Utsuho was a Robot Master all along! I KNEW IT! This is pretty darn awesome, my only complaint is that it seems a little... long?

As Peaceful As Gensokyo As Peaceful As Gensokyo

This is amazing! Why doesn't it have a higher rating?
Closing my eyes, I can envision myself in Gensokyo, relaxing at the Hakurei Shrine... and then Yukari steals all of the snacks. Goddammit, Yukari.
You totally captured the spirit of the song, and for your first venture into "kind-of-like-Japanese" music, you did wonderful!

Gls responds:

And the funny thing is, I actually imagined the same thing as you did, seriously. xD
Anyway, thank you very much for the review!

1000 Phantasm 1000 Phantasm

I was wondering what song this was a remix of, until I heard the first few bars of "History of the Moon", and then I was all like, "AWWW YEAH".
Very nice work! It really sounds like it could fit into an 8-bit Touhou fighting game!

~Instrumental Shrine Maiden~ ~Instrumental Shrine Maiden~

I don't know why, but whenever I listen to this song, I get nostalgic.
There need to be more remixes of the music from HRtP, because that game has some awesome music. I think you'd be able to do justice to a bunch of them.
Like, maybe "Now, Until the Moment You Die", because Sariel's theme is awesome.

firemaker60 responds:

It's interesting that you mention that; I'm planning on doing many remixes from HRtP (specifically, the renditions from Akyu's Untouched Score vol.5), and I'll be posting them over on my YT channel. I've already got one up on there of Theme of Eastern Story.

Thank you for the review.

Native Faith [8-bit Touhou Vr] Native Faith [8-bit Touhou Vr]

"Suwako-sama, stop playing the Famicom and come eat dinner!"
That's what I imagine Sanae saying to Suwako when I listen to this song.
This song... it makes me happy inside. I only wish it were longer, but I guess that's what the loop feature is for, right? Hahaha!

[Tohou 6] Un Owen was her [Tohou 6] Un Owen was her

I'm sorry for insulting you, Remilia, I really am. Please, please, let me out of the basement? Please? Oh god I can hear her getting closer! That hellish giggling! PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ZUN, OPEN THE DOOR--
Wait, wait, it's just a song? Well dang, seems like you captured the mood almost perfectly, because I am listening to this as I am typing this review and I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight because of how legitimately creeped out I-- DEAR SWEET BYAKUREN, THAT LAUGHTER AT THE END.
*ahem* Aaanyway... Nice job, man! Keep up the good work, I hope to hear more from you in the future!

TheDesuLord responds:

Im working on some more stuff, just slammed into a musical block train

We the robots Touhou Mix We the robots Touhou Mix

This song makes me think of Megaman dodging spike danmaku while trying to beat a robot master in a frilly dress.
The part with the guitar and trumpet is nice, but the guitar should be playing the background, and the trumpets the main melody. Other than that, it's quite good!

Touhou - U.n. Owen [dj Cutman] Touhou - U.n. Owen [dj Cutman]

I don't really like hip-hop at all.
But this. This song. I LOVE THIS SONG.
It's like... Flandre hosts Toonami or something. It has that vibe. Very nostalgic, with a nice beat. It's interesting how changing the beat of a song can flip it around so much, but still sound good.

**Zelda's Lullaby** **Zelda's Lullaby**

So... beautiful...

The tears, they won't stop flowing...
This is a wonderful rendition of Zelda's Lullaby. I feel at peace when I listen to it. As for the reverb, I honestly think that if it's done properly, it can only enhance the song (though it sometimes depends on the song-- wouldn't wanna hear reverb on something like Through the Fire and the Flames). And that's what it's done for this wonderful song-- made it hauntingly beautiful. (Though no doubt, even without the echoes, it'd be a fantastic piece of music)

VGSongbird responds:

UMMMMMM "Through the Fire and the Flames" happens to be my favorite Dragonforce song :D And I agree. Not really a "reverby" song.

But I'm thrilled to hear you liked it ^_^